Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011

Hello Everyone!  Greetings.  Gute Nacht.  This will be a good post tonight.  Have you ever imagined yourself in a writing mood?  For example:  whenever I am in deep writing or really whenever I post to this blog I imagine myself in a study sitting at a big Victorian style desk with shelves of books all around me.  Perhaps George Strait or Phantom of the Opera playing softly in the background, and you can't forget the glass of defined Cherry Coke next to my writing utensils.  Okay enough with my imagination....

Harry Potter:  The end finally came!  I know that many of us were at the midnight premiere and texted all our friends at 3am in the morning, because everyone was obviously up at that time.  I was!  Overall, I was very impressed with the style of the movie especially the music and to attest to that I went out and bought the soundtrack as soon as the movie was over.  There were minor things I was irked about but other than that I was very pleased.  I absolutely loved Alan Rickman's portrayal of Snape in this film.  Phenomonal!  I cried so hard during the scene where Severus dies and then following his memories.  Absolutely beautiful.  I would like very much to see an Oscar nomination around the corner.

WeddingI went up to Dallas to see my good friends Erica and Roland Cupiaoli get married.  It was such a fun and memorable weekend.  The venue was beautiful, the bride radiant, and the fun at the reception was shooting off the scale.  Congraulations!  May they share a wonderful life together.



Video:  Our video for this week is absolutely hilarious.  I love the Harvard Sailing team.  Check out their video Truth or Dare.

Date Night:  I had date night with myself tonight.  On Facebook I noticed that a lot of people had date night tonight.  Share your enchanting evening!  Did anyone have a double date?  I heard those can be either incredibly awkward or extremely fun.  Anyone have an extremely fun double date?

Loving the Song"Far Away" by Nickelback.  It is a terrific romantic song that can pull you several different ways all at the same time.  For my friend, Minni,  she can easily listen to this song 14 times in a row...and I know because I was right beside her listening to it! Ha.

Poetry:  Poetry.  A curious subject.  You either hate it or you love it.  Did you know I write poetry?  I even got published once.  How do you feel about poetry?  For me, Shakespearean poems give me a great sense of feeling and inspiration.  For those Elizabethian literary haters I shall not pressure you long about the delights of William, but I shall leave you with this:
                                                   So, either by thy picture, or my love
                                                   Thyself away art present still with thee,
                                                   For thou not farther than my thoughts canst move
                                                   And I am still with them, and they with thee,
                                                   Or, if they sleep, thy picture in thy sight
                                                   Awakes my heart to heart's and eyes delight.--Sonnet 47


Happy Quote "As I go through all kinds of feelings and experiences in my journey through life -- delight, surprise, chagrin, dismay -- I hold this question as a guiding light: "What do I really need right now to be happy?" What I come to over and over again is that only qualities as vast and deep as love, connection and kindness will really make me happy in any sort of enduring way." ---Sharon Salzberg

At this moment:  I am organizing my room and watching NCIS Season 4 :-)

Until next time! Think happy my friends. Win Win!!!  Love, Kate J  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Another great post, as usual! Glad to see all the things that make you happy! As for poetry, I'm not much for Shakespeare, but I do love the poetry of Victor Hugo, as well as Louis McKee and Denise Duhamel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep re-reading your blog cause it makes me so happy! Love all your happy thoughts and miss you dear Kate!

    ReplyDelete